Your entitlement to child allowance

The Architects’ Pension Fund (VwdA) pays child allowance in addition to and independently of the state child benefit.

We pay child allowance to members who also receive a retirement pension or disability pension from us. Members receive child allowance for every child (until the end of the month in which the child reaches 18 years of age). However, we continue to pay child allowance for as long as the child is still in education or vocational training, provided that they are below the age of 27.

If the child is undertaking or has undertaken voluntary military service, we will continue to pay child allowance after their 27th birthday if the child is still in education or vocational training.

If the child is incapable of supporting themselves due to physical or mental infirmity, we will pay child allowance for the duration of this condition even after they have reached the age of 18. In this case, too, the payments will cease on the child’s 27th birthday.

Our members are entitled to receive child allowance for both natural or adopted children within wedlock. In the case of male members with natural children born out of wedlock, paternity must be acknowledged or established by a court decision. In the case of adopted children, child allowance is paid if the adoption agreement was concluded before the member became permanently unfit to work or, as the case may be, before the member’s 67th birthday.

Participants who terminate their membership of the VwdA before they start drawing a pension are not entitled to child allowance.

Payment amount

The child allowance generally amounts to €35 per child a month.

Documents for your application

To apply for child allowance, in addition to the pension application, participants drawing a retirement pension or disability pension must submit each child’s birth certificate and evidence that any children aged 18 or over are still in education or training.