Refund from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund

The statutory pension insurance scheme and the Pension Fund are completely separate systems. This means that it is not possible to transfer contributions. Any pension entitlements from the statutory pension insurance scheme are completely independent of entitlements from the Pension Fund.

If you have not reached the general qualifying period of 60 months of contributions under the statutory pension insurance scheme, you have not fulfilled the criteria for entitlement to a pension from the statutory pension insurance scheme. In such cases, you can apply for a contribution refund. Please note, however, that only the employee contributions will be repaid to you. You also always have the option of paying voluntary contributions to make up for the missing months. This is worth considering if your payments only fall slightly short of the required 60 calendar months. It is important to note that subsequent contribution periods may also count towards the qualifying period (e.g. parental leave or time spent working in another field). If you have any questions about contribution refunds, please contact the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund directly.