Voluntary participation

If you are no longer required to participate in the Architects’ Pension Fund (VwdA) because, for instance, you are no longer a member of one of the relevant chambers of architects, you can choose to continue to participate in the VwdA voluntarily with the same rights and obligations. You can cancel this voluntary participation at any time. In the event of overdue contributions, the Pension Fund can terminate membership under certain conditions.

If you have an exemption certificate from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund, you are, however, generally required to join a professional chamber. If you no longer meet the exemption criteria, you must inform the Deutsche Rentenversicherung Bund. Your exemption certificate will then be invalidated.